DiscoverIreland.ie Homepage Image
Fáilte Ireland’s and Tourism Ireland’s Discover Ireland websites sell Ireland to the world, enticing and informing visitors with a wealth of information on our beautiful island. With over 15 million website visitors every year, the Discover Ireland websites are an ideal platform to promote your tourism business. Read on to find out how to get the most from your listing.
TIPS FOR YOUR LISTING
- Make it easy to read: Keep your sentences simple and short and use paragraphs to break up the text. Read your text out loud to make sure it flows.
- Give the basics up front: Always include the name of your business, your location and how close you are to the nearest town in your brief description so your reader sees this important information immediately.
- Offer a tourism experience: Paint a picture in your listing of what your customers will get when they visit
- Write in the third person: It gives the reader the impression that the text is presenting facts about the premises rather than personal opinions.
- Keep it up-to-date: Review your content regularly and make sure that information such as special offers and events are up to date
- Get it right: Make sure that your contact details are correct and the links to your website and your booking provider website are working. Don’t forget to check your spelling, grammar and punctuation – mistakes can damage the impression you want to create.
- Explain how to get there: Always include directions to your premises from your nearest town or landmark rather than a city or airport. Visitors can find the town using a map or satellite navigation but they may need your help to make it right to your front door. Include GPS co-ordinates of your property for satellite navigation users.
- Quality Assurance: When you join one of Fáilte Ireland’s Quality Assurance schemes, you are showing your commitment to Quality. Your approval is a testimonial to the rigorously assessed service that you provide. Always mention your approval in your description. It’s one of your best selling points.
- Booking links: Think about where you want the user to land when they click on the link on your listing – to your homepage or to a specific section?
- Added extras: You can also feature brochures, video or audio as part of your listing.
IMAGE IS EVERYTHING
Create a great first impression with high quality digital photographs showing your business at its best.
- At a minimum, include a wide photograph of the property itself.
- Photos should be landscape orientation, minimum size 250k – maximum size 3MB, with a resolution of 72 dpi.
- Photographs should be original photo files with no borders, markings, image credits or image editing.
- You must have taken the photograph yourself or have received written permission from the copyright owner to allow the image to be used by Fáilte Ireland.
- You must have received express permission from any person who appears in the photos.
If you are not listed on the Discover Ireland websites and would like to be, or if you would like to update your existing listing, send your form and updated images to email@example.com