The B&B Categorisation or specialisation scheme is now up and running and being actively promoted as part of the Discover Ireland campaigns at home and overseas.
The scheme was developed in response to market research which indicates that giving consumers another reason to choose you is critical to securing bookings for your business in these competitive times. This scheme offers B&B’s an opportunity to do just this.
We would encourage any business not already signed up to the scheme to consider becoming categorised in addition to being classified. It’s FREE of charge and you can self-assess based on the criteria and application form.
Blaiseadh Gaeltachta (A Gaeltacht Experience) Category
We have also introduced an additional new category; Blaiseadh Gaeltachta (A Gaeltacht Experience) for B&B’s located in the Gaeltacht areas and who wish to promote this to their customers as part of a unique experience.
Benefits of Categorisation include:
- It is free of charge
- Categorised B&B’s will be promoted through a range of specialist product campaigns and to appropriate media
- You can be categorised with up to any 3 categories of your choice plus Pet friendly if you choose to offer it.
- Categorisation or specialisation adds value to your business and can assist your appeal to a wider base of potential consumers
There are nine different categories to choose from:
• Adventure Seekers Welcome
• Anglers Welcome
• Eco Friendly
• Farmstays Welcome
• Food Lovers Welcome
• Golfers Welcome
• Pet Friendly
• Walkers Welcome
• Blaiseadh Gaeltachta (A Gaeltacht Experience)
For further information or to apply for categorisation please Contact Tourism Standards Assessments Ltd (TSA) at LoCall 1890 252 783 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for more information