You are here: HomeBusiness Development
  • Get Quality Assured
  • Self Catering
  • Holiday Apartments & Holiday Cottages Print Page
  • Holiday Apartments & Holiday Cottages

    Under the Tourist Traffic Acts 1939-2016, any tourism business calling itself a holiday apartment or holiday cottage must be registered with Fáilte Ireland.

    In order to be registered as a holiday apartment or cottage, you must have one reception building located on the same site as your accommodation, and these should all operate under the same management.
    All units must contain sleeping, dining and lounge accommodation, as well as storage space, a toilet, and bathing and cooking facilities.

    All self-catering properties within a registered group framework, are required to meet all of the regulation requirements under the Tourist Traffic Acts. 
    Details for holiday cottages and holiday apartments are available below.